On 4-Apr-07, at 12:18 PM, Recordon, David wrote:
> One thing that I do think would be worthwhile in smoothing more of
> this
> SREG/AX confusion would be adding SREG support to Sxip's OpenID
> libraries.

This is on the todo list, and judging by the interest showed by some
contributors could happen any day now.

> Any thoughts on spec consolidation

> I think I'd propose the following:
>  - Remove http://openid.net/specs/openid-attribute-
> types-1_0-02.html (I
> do not believe OpenID should define its own schema elements for things
> like "First Name" which are not specific to OpenID, defining a URL for
> an OpenID enabled URL for example I think would be fine on OpenID.net)

I understand that point of view and we were looking into determining
what would be the best place where this spec could live.

However, since the AX's adoption will depend (at least in the
beginning, before the metadata and automatic acquisition mechanisms
are finalized) on the participants using the same "names" for the
attributes they transfer. From this point of view, I believe AX could
use openid.net's recommendation (if endorsement is too much) to use a
set of names / URIs for the most commonly transfered attributes.
(Kind of like what made SREG successful -- having the spec provide /
something/ for a jump-start).

>  - Merge http://openid.net/specs/identity-attribute-
> metadata-1_0-01.html
> into http://openid.net/specs/openid-attribute-exchange-1_0-04.html.

I don't think we should merge the AX core with the metadata
description document. The first one describes the "transport layer"
for attributes and is reasonably close to a final v1, while the
metadata is far from being final (no concrete options identified that
would drive to consensus) and its progress is rather slow.

> and seperating policy from technology?

Not sure what you mean by this.

Johnny