On 5-Apr-07, at 9:06 AM, Recordon, David wrote:

>> Actually it is describing a document format, and it could easily be
> used
>> by other groups as evidenced by references from people in the ID
> Schemas
>> group.
> I agree that it could be, but is anyone?

It leaves the option open.

> I love shooting beyond the 80%
> to get the remaining 20%, but if that is just a pipe dream then I
> have a
> hard time seeing why the documents need to be separate and thus more
> complex.

An RP does not need to worry about the metadata, so it is much easier
for an RP to implement if they don't need to look at the other document.

I don't think this is really that important of a point given all the
other things we need to do. People are doing to do things different
then you would, but get the same result -- is that ok?

>> We defined a set of attributes 6 months ago under schema.openid.net.
> So Dick, this is part of my problem with AX.  Sxip has defined a
> set of
> attributes and never gained consensus on this list that that is the
> right thing to do.

We wanted to publish them on the website so that other people could
look at them, but you did not want to do that, and you control the
domain.