well with OpenID atleast, I think we can easily design a logout
extension, where an RP can register it's logout handler with OP during
login flow (checkid_immediate/checkid_setup) and the OP could call each
of the RP's logout handlers (in the browser) that are registered with
the current session when a user logs out from the OP. Ofcourse this also
requires a new logout mode supported by OP, which an RP can call when a
user wants to logout from the RP itself. The OP then can provide options
to the user whether to sign out from one RP or from all.

Any reason why something like this was not incorporated into the specs yet ?

thx
Praveen