If I'm not mistaken, OAuth requires the user to approve the
authentication request in her browser, which is an interactive action.

Joseph Holsten pointed me to Appendix A of the OAuth specification for
an example. In step A.3, "The Consumer redirects Jane’s browser to the
Service Provider User Authorization URL to obtain Jane’s approval for
accessing her private photos."

Also, OAuth appears to be more about authorization (to access a remote
resource) than about authentication.

Is there any way to operate either OpenID or OAuth entirely
non-interactively?