Nat Sakimura wrote:
> Actially, that interpretation is not right. In draft 3, we have made it
> clear.

Draft 3 now seems to say:

     For the purposes of this document and when constructing OpenID 1.1
     and 2.0 messages, the extension namespace alias SHALL be "pape".

Which now seems to require that "pape" must always be the namespace
alias, in both 1.1 and 2.0. I don't understand what the intention of
this sentence is if this is not a correct interpretation.

However, my original message was not really a comment on the PAPE spec
so much as a comment on the general lack of an extensibility mechanism
in OpenID 1.1. The PAPE spec (the sentence I quoted above
notwithstanding) currently seems to assume that the 2.0 namespace
mechanism is available in 1.1, but as far as I'm aware there has never
been a published specification allowing this. (please correct me if I'm
wrong.)

The Net::OpenID::Consumer perl library as it currently stands will not
support PAPE in 1.1-mode messages since the openid.ns.<alias> mechanism
is only used in 2.0 mode. I'd like to change this to use the 2.0 scheme
in 1.1 (with a special case for sreg) but I'm only comfortable doing
that if there's a specification (or errata) that explicitly allows it.