Sounds like you're simply mapping a SL UUID to an OpenID, so my opinion
would be "no, this does not break the spec", so long as the actual OpenID
transaction utilizes the OpenID URL that you have on file in the DB.

This is very similar to the other discussions going on regarding using an
email address in-lieu of a user's OpenID, since in the real world the email
address is the identifier users are arguably most familiar with (currently,
anyway).  Note here that "mapping" to an email address does not break the
spec, but there is talk of ammending the spec to make email addresses actual
OpenID's.

david