OK, how about if we define a new Privacy Policy <Service> for RPs to include in their XRDS, with a link to their privacy policy?

So the RP would just include the following snippet in its discovery document, discoverable under its realm:

<Service>
 <Type>http://specs.openid.net/path/to/privacy/policy</type>
 <URI>http://www.relyingparty.com/path/to/privacy/policy.html
</Service>

I'm not sure where we can formally document this. I guess we can put it in the UI spec?

Allen

George Fletcher wrote:
I think for a short-term solution we'd need to define service "types" for the privacy policy and TOS for XRDS.

For the long-term, the same could potentially be used as "rel" values in the XRD markup. The XRD spec is solidifying but is not 100% stable.

I think we should have a discovery option regardless of whether we update UX or AX. So I'd like to see a proposal for XRDS and then when XRD is available, supporting that.

Thanks,
George

Allen Tom wrote:
Hi Luke,

Yes, this is what we're looking for. Currently, in OpenID, the only way for the RP to link to its privacy policy (which is sort of like linking to its ToS) is by passing it in the openid.sreg.policy_url parameter using SREG.

Since we're trying to deprecate SREG, we can try to move this parameter to either the UI or AX Extension, or move it into Discovery.

Is there an actual Discovery spec?

Allen

Luke Shepard wrote:
FWIW, Facebook Connect allows relying parties to define a “terms of service” url. We then show that link to users when they click on it. With OpenID, the equivalent URL would be set using relying party discovery. Is this more or less what you’re looking for?

Screenshot: