November 20th to 23rd 2008, the biannual INTERNATIONAL SCENOGRAPHERS’ FESTIVAL IN3 in Basel is aimed at examining the scenographic potential within the performing arts disciplines.

It focuses on the substantial influence of theater, photography and film on the arrangement of productions, exhibitions, rooms and architecture. We are delighted to be able to bring you international artists and theorists from the fields of theatre, art and architecture, including Volker Lösch, Jaume Plensa, Klaus Grünberg, Franck Ancel and the Studio Olafur Eliasson. Alongside these luminaries, a number of younger exponents of the scene will bring the performing arts programme to life. We are particularly pleased to present artist Erika Janunger from Sweden as workshop leader. Aside from the tried and tested format of speeches and panel discussions beloved of the previous International Scenographers‘ Festival, performances, installations, the show by international academies and not least the party complete our bountiful programme for nurturing exchange amongst the international scenography scene.

http://www.in3.ch/index.php?id=82