Johann Arens South of No North Micro residency July 30th – Aug 11th Public event: Friday August 10th, 6 - 9pm
What are you making? Scale model or a mini model. Is it a decoy? If that means I can question the original. I am curious which level of abstraction will be suitable to take the model too. If it were a mock object, you might be mimicking the original, are you implying ridicule, 'making a mockery' of your subject? Could be, I'm just replicating it, smaller. Possibly it should be approached like the process of painting, rather than an architecturally precise scale model. The made object will last longer than the original subject, in that sense it will behave like a memorial. Well, documentation of it certainly will, I’m not sure what I’ll do with the object yet. However the real/original is also on display; the window becomes a screen for the audience to re-view it. While the table sculpture makes viewers crane their necks like owls.* * This is based on a conversation that didn’t happen last week. The Pigeon Wing, Top Floor (front), Guild House Rollins Street, London, United Kingdom, SE15 1EP Bikes can’t be taken on most overground routes during the Olympics, check before you travel. Further directions available here. <http://thepigeonwing.co.uk/contact> -- <small> To stop receiving mail click http://www.thepigeonwing.co.uk/lists/?p=unsubscribe&uid=20e5f78467afb3006b7674db85171945 </small> -- powered by phpList, www.phplist.com -- ______________________________________________ SPECTRE list for media culture in Deep Europe Info, archive and help: http://post.in-mind.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/spectre
