Dear all

I hope you can join our drinks reception this Friday, 20th January, for the
launch of the new exhibition at Watermans, Objects of Transcendence.

Objects of Transcendence looks at how the object can transcend its individual
meaning to make a social or political comment. It brings together the work of
leading contemporary artists Ele Carpenter, Jeremy Hutchison, Jasleen Kaur and
Matthew Plummer-Fernandez.

The exhibition explores how each of the artists focuses on materiality in their
own art practices and how the language emerging from the object can draw our
attention, challenging our way of seeing reality, and rewarding us with new
perspectives on a range of contemporary issues. From portraits built from
Amazon's purchase-behaviour algorithms to everyday items bathed in
radioactivity, this is an exhibition that will spark new ways of thinking.

Objects of Transcendence continues until 5 March.
More information: https://www.watermans.org.uk/events/objects-of-transcendence/

Best wishes

Irini

Irini Papadimitriou