Helo,

Christian Schoepplein, le lun. 06 mai 2024 21:02:22 +0200, a ecrit:
> > Am 30.04.2024 um 07:37 schrieb Christian Schoepplein <ch...@schoeppi.net>:
> >> Debian packages will also be available in debian unstable soon.
> >
> > Will there also be packages for Debian testing?
>
> I’ve installed the packages from the experimental repo but after some days I
> had togo back to the speech-dispatcher packages shipped with Bookworm :-(.
> The reason is that speech output stopped to work in Mate-Terminal which I use
> most of the time for work.

Does brltty not speak at all, not even the BRLTTY 6.5 banner?
I guess you are using brltty 6.5-7+deb12u1 as provided from bookworm,
not the 6.6-4~bpo12+1 backport?

> Since I got back to the Bookworm packages the crashes are gone.

How do you see the crash? Does your second brltty crash and thus no
braille either, or braille is still running? Does the speech-dispatcher
daemon crash? What command do you use in brltty to emit speech? (I tried
the character description command, which worked just fine here).

As usual, a speech-dispatcher.log with Debug set to 1 in speechd.conf
would provide terribly precious debug information which I currently can
only try to divine, which is a hard exercice.

Samuel