> > Just to take a philisophical turn, I do believe that some people 
are
> > just meant to be better cubers for reasons like faster reflexes,
> > better visual spacial skills, etc.
> 
> Otherwise, for the most part, pretty 
> much anyone can be sub-20.  Sub-15... is another story, and is like 
the 
> 3:50 mile.

I do agree that some of us just have more of a natural knack than 
others at certain types of activities.  Me personally, I am much 
better at verbal-type games than spatial ones.  (I wish my interests 
were in the same direction as my abilities!)

For me, psychology is the major blocking point.  If you find yourself 
like me, in the below-average category for learning speedcubing, 
you'll need to have proportionately more perseverence.  Probably much 
more.  I just don't seem to have it.  After several 50+ second solves 
in a row, my mind goes berzerk.  "Slow as molasses!"  "I'm getting 
worse!"  "I can't even beat some 6-year-old kid from Korea!" and 
that's it, I'm done for the day.  At this point, I don't have the 
mindset of a speedcuber, even if the potential is there.





------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/MXMplB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/speedsolvingrubikscube/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to