Hello,

   Yes, I started doing that about a month ago, posted
a message about it and no on responded.  I am still a
relative beginner, but my times dropped from 3-5min,
to a consistent 50-60sec.  I think it is quicker,
easier and has great potential. 

    Good to know I'm not the only one.

ERic

--- James Stuber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've been messing around with different starts for
> f2l, and this one seems
> very viable. I start with three of the cross pieces,
> finish the 2x2x3 with
> two f2l pairs, do the "square" like in Ryan Heise's
> method, and finish off
> with the last c/e pair. Sometimes I'll do the square
> before I do the 2x2x3
> if I see all three pieces aren't in the 2x2x3 slots;
> it's rather flexible.
> Also, if the cross/x-cross would be solved with only
> one more move or so,
> I'll switch to Fridrich.
> 
> I averaged sub 20 with it last night after only
> about two weeks of
> practicing, and my normal Fridrich average is around
> 19.5. I really think
> staring with only three cross pieces is great.
> 
> Pros:
> -Very short "cross" makes it very easy to see
> x-"cross" or at least the
> first pair during preinspection every time.
> -average is about 28-30 moves for f2l; possibly
> 1.5-2 sec. faster than
> Fridrich
> 
> Cons:
> -it's confusing to remember where the "square" needs
> to go because I use a
> lot of d turns.
> -There are some really bad square cases that I'm
> sure can be optimized if I
> sit down and find all of the tough cases. 
> -It's hard to "shift gears" for that square.
> -It's annoying when a piece you need is where the
> last cross piece normally
> would be
> 
> Any thoughts? Does anyone else do this?
> 
> -James Stuber
> 
> 
> 



        
                
__________________________________ 
Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005 
http://mail.yahoo.com


------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/MXMplB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/speedsolvingrubikscube/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to