--- In [email protected], "kovacic81"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What is a good Avg for Last Layer? 
> I took an avg today for step 4 of Gilles MEthod.  I haven't cubed a
> lot this week, but I did pretty well.   
> 
> (2.98), 3.39, 4.98, 5.78, 7.48, 6.58, 6.67, 3.53, 7.50, 5.34, (12.18),
> 7.48             Step 4 Avg  5.87 sec

Did you account for recognition in this average?  If so, how did you
do so?  How did you time yourself, also?

>
> This step is kind of like OLL/PLL. First you Orient 6 edges, then
> Permute 6 edges.  Step 4 averages only 15 moves, but there are a lot
> of slice moves.  If you can avg 3 moves a sec, you can do step 4 in
> about 5 seconds.

But in OLL you orient EIGHT pieces and then in PLL you permute EIGHT
pieces, so it seems to me you are doing 33% more work, right? 
Wouldn't that make Step 4 a little less equivalent to OLL/PLL?  Even
if you took a CLL -> ELL approach (which is equivalent to OLL/PLL in
number of moves and in speed), then in the first step you are
orienting AND permuting 4 pieces and then doing the same in the second
step.  It seems to me that no matter what, the last 6 edges should be
faster than OLL/PLL.

> CFOP
> Cross   - 7 moves
> CE Pair - 7 moves
> CE Pair - 7 moves
> CE Pair - 7 moves
> CE Pair - 7 moves
> OLL     -  ?
> PLL     - ?

Well, that's not really fair.  The average F2L is approximately 30
moves for a good speedcuber.  I think my average for F2L may actually
be around 28-29 moves.  The cross average should only be 6, but who
doesn't use open slots, especially for the first couple pairs?  I
think 30 moves is a much more accurate representation.  OLL averages
are about 9 moves and PLL I believe is about 14 moves.  That makes for
approximately 51-53 moves for CFOP.

> ROUX
> B1     -  9 moves
> B2     -  16 moves (2 for DR edge and 7 for each CE pair)
> CLL    -  ? 
> Step 4 -  15 moves

I think CLL is about 9 moves on average.  This makes a total of about
49 or so moves.

> So F2L is about 35 moves (11.67 sec at 3 moves/sec)
> and F2B is about 25 moves (8.33 sec at 3 moves/sec)(10 sec at 2.5
> moves/sec) 

Again, I think 35 moves for F2L average is way too high.

> Step 4 is about 15 moves (5 sec at 3 moves/sec)(6 sec at 2.5 moves/sec)
> 
> I think due to slice moves it's hard to do 3 moves/sec for Step 4, so
> 2.5 moves/sec is a better estimate.
> Todays avg of 5.87sec would be 2.56 moves/sec.

> What are the HTM averages for OLL and PLL?

I believe 9 and 14 moves (approximately).

> WHat about COLL and CLL?  CLL must be less..

CLL should be around 9 moves and COLL probably around 12 or so.

> And What is a good Last Layer Time Average?

That depends on what you consider good.  I think some of the faster
guys have a LL around 4-5 seconds.  I belive mine is about 5-6
seconds, slightly faster on a good day.  When I set my sub-20 average,
my F2L average was about 15 seconds, so I probably cut a bit of time
off at the F2L and had a really good LL.  My fastest time was 13.34,
but I doubt I've ever had a sub-10 F2L solve. ;)

~ Bob





------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/MXMplB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/speedsolvingrubikscube/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to