Yes, you can use commutators. Try taking out an edge, moving it to
another place without adjusting it's orientation. Then take that edge
you just moved and put it in the first edge's place, again keeping
it's orientation. Thats the first half of the commutators. (you are
solving in 3 cycles) This methods works. I know because, I use it!
Good luck! 

Merry Christmas

Peter Greenwood

--- In [email protected], "Duncan Dicks"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Mike,
> You can solve it using commutators.  At least thats what I do!  I
don't know 
> any clever tricks for the megaminx so, like you, I just use common
sense, 
> simple algs and commutators.  Its just a little harder to move edges
around 
> so its harder to keep track during the commutator moves.
> 
> Duncan
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Mike Bennett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: <[email protected]>
> Sent: Sunday, December 25, 2005 9:09 AM
> Subject: [Speed cubing group] Megaminx help
> 
> 
> > So, I got a new 12 sided Megaminx for Christmas, and I've figured out
> > how to solve it (my first try, even)...almost.
> >
> > Using basic 3x3 knowledge and common sense, I can solve all but the
> > final layer.
> >
> > Using commutators and simple algs on the final layer, I can solve the
> > edge orientation easily, the corner permutation easily, and the corner
> > orientation easily.
> >
> > I'd really like to know if it's even possible to solve the edge
> > permutation without setting myself back a few steps easily, because I
> > can't seem to find anything that works.
> >
> > I peeked at Grant Tregay's site to see what order he did the LL in,
> > and he does it OE, PE, OC, PC.
> >
> > I'm not looking for the actual algs, really, just to know if it's
> > possible, and maybe a hint in the right direction.  I'd really like to
> > figure it out (mostly) on my own.
> >
> > Any help would be very appreciated. :)
> >
> > -Mike
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>






------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/MXMplB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/speedsolvingrubikscube/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to