Hi Patrick,

These are usual problems.

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Patrick Kirk wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Its almost there.  The modem works and a peer to peer connection is made
> with the remote host.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to sort out routing?  Will route add -net /dev/ppp0
> work?
>
> And what does the second error mean?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Aug 24 11:36:47 enterprise pppd[87]: not replacing existing default route to
> eth
> 0 [192.168.0.1]

I guess you have an internal network on 192.168.0/24. So, if you add a
simple route instead of a default route to eth0, it will work. I use
"route add -net 192.168.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 dev eth0" for the route
on eth0 and next, pppd automatically add the default route to the Internet
through the ADSL connection.

> Aug 24 11:36:47 enterprise pppd[87]: Cannot determine ethernet address for
> proxy
>  ARP

You do not need to use ARP on your ppp0 interface, so remove the
"proxyarp" option or add "noproxyarp" to your /etc/ppp/peers/adsl file.

Benoit

Pour se désinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=unsubscribe