-- Apologies if this went twice but having trouble with my email atm...

Couple of questions/queries...

Firstly: I can't seem to make adsl restart after a disconnection:

ADSL starts up nicely and internet access is obtained. Several days later, adsl line 
is dropped (still need to investigate exactly why, but...). If I try to restart 
(usually just ppp has disappeared and modem_run is still there) either by restarting 
ppp or by first killing modem_run and starting both processes, I rarely get through. 
If I reboot the box everything works perfectly again.

Why is this, and is there some way I can kill or reset whatever it is that's sticking 
around?

Secondly, I can't get adsl to work on bootup.

If I allow the box to reboot fully, login as me, su to root and run the modem_run/ppp 
script everything works, but if I put the same call in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/adsl.sh, it 
doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Matthew Smalley.

Visit our website at http://www.ubswarburg.com

This message contains confidential information and is intended only 
for the individual named.  If you are not the named addressee you 
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.  Please 
notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this 
e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.

E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free 
as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, 
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  The sender therefore 
does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents 
of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.  If 
verification is required please request a hard-copy version.  This 
message is provided for informational purposes and should not be 
construed as a solicitation or offer to buy or sell any securities or 
related financial instruments.


Liste de diffusion modem ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB
Pour se d�sinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=unsubscribe

        

Reply via email to