Hello Mathew

Thanks for the comeback.

You are right about being confused. I have been using my Speedtouch
modem since SuSE 8 without too many problems until, that is, I
discovered SuSE 9 - and the new kernel mode driver.

For info, the following works

#1
cat /proc/net/atm/speedtch\:0
cat: /proc/net/atm/speedtch:0: No such file or directory

#2
In boot.msg (the boot startup log) I see...
<notice>start services (network)
Setting up network interfaces:
    lo        done
    dsl0      hotplug
<notice>exit status of (network) is (0)

#3
Under DSL - Control Center, I see...
Already configured devices:
DSL Connection
Configured as dsl0 with provider provider0

8.35
Device Activation : Hotplug

#4
If I do a `cat /etc/hotplug/usb.usermap`, I see...
# usb module         match_flags idVendor idProduct bcdDevice_lo
bcdDevice_hi bDeviceClass bDeviceSubClass bDeviceProtocol
bInterfaceClass bInterfaceSubClass bInterfaceProtocol driver_info
speedtch           0x0003      0x06b9   0x4061    0x0000      
0x0000           0x00           0x00 0x00           0x00          
0x00           0x00               0x00000000         "Alcatel SpeedTouch
USB"

#5
The following script, StartSpeedTouch.bash, run as root starts my
Internet connection at boot:
#
modprobe -k speedtch
cd /usr/local/sbin/
./modem_run -k -v 2 -m -f firmware.bin
#
pppd call adsl


@+
James
        



Liste de diffusion modem ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB
Pour se d�sinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

        

Reply via email to