----- Original Message -----
From: "maestro" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 10:16 PM
Subject: [speedtouch] unresolved symbols with make install

> hi list,
>
> i try to make an alcatel speed touch usb work :-)
> i compiled a new vanilla kernel (2.4.23) with the options needed (as far
> as i know) and i compiled the speedbundle1.0
> ./configure and make went fine
> but make install gives:
> depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
> /lib/modules/2.4.23/kernel/drivers/usb/speedtch.o
>
> can anyone tell me what to do against this (kernel config attached)?
> very thankfull for quick answers because the modem is only borrowed.
> so long
> maestro

type depmod -ae
it will give you the name of the unresolved symbols
it is often a good clue to understand what is missing.

if you need to recompile, why don't you use 2.4.25?
to compile the module, you could use
CONFIG_USB_SPEEDTOUCH=m

CONFIG_PPP_ASYNC=m is in the how-to

I am surprised I did not find in your .config
CONFIG_USB_UHCI=m (instead of the alt driver)
CONFIG_PPPOE=m (if you need it)

Did you not edit the file manually?