Duncan Sands said:

> On Friday 23 April 2004 10:18, Edward Chapman wrote:
>> I was using the user mode driver in 2.4, then I moved to 2.6 a couple of
>> months ago and also to the kernel driver. I  personally have had no
>> problems with it, but I've been trying to help a couple of other people
>> who both hit this problem.
>
> Try this patch (only for 2.6.5):
>
> http://linux.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.5/[EMAIL PROTECTED]|[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The last two hunks of this patch failed on my 2.6.5 source, ot sure if
Ishould have been using a newer source or not.

Anyway, I ended up going back to 2.4.24, but after all that 2.6.5 suddenly
started working for the person I was helping and still works at the tie of
writing, so all ended well anyway :)

>> I think I will try 2.4.25 or 24 and see if that improves things.  Only
>> thing is I compiled modem_run using 2.6 headers, maybe I should start
>> again with 2.4 headers also.
>
> It shouldn't make any difference.
> Ciao,
> Duncan.

yes, you're right, it didn't, all the programs worked fine on the 2.4
kernel. The only thing I had trouble with was I compiled my 2.4 kernel
while running 2.6, and when I booted it my modules had unresolved symbols.
 Then I saw somewhere you need to compile a kernel while running the same
version, so I cross-compiled from another 2.4 machine and then it worked.