Jérôme Augé schrieb:

>On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 11:39:32AM +0200, Willi Tonsern wrote:
>

>>Since a year or more all works fine. We have a small office and so we
>>use e-mail and browsers daly and intensively without any problem -
>>BUT (!!)
>>there are 2  websites (from 1000) we cannot connect to:
>>www.oasis-open.org
>>www.psk.at
>>The only thing we get is a timeout message (from the remote servers?)

great!!
we get connected now; it works fine!!

>This looks like ECN compatibility problem:
>- http://www.icir.org/floyd/ecnProblems.html

there is another site  I have found at upgrading from 2.4.22 to 2.6.5
(www.alsa-project.org) which the same problem (timeout)
but the behaviour at connecting to this page is the same after the
ECN-modification suggested by you.
may be you know some golden words to this problem???

>Try disabling TCP ECN on your Linux router:
>
>  # echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
>
>And add this line in your `/etc/sysctl.conf' file to disable it at boot
>time:
>
>  sys.net.ipv4.tcp_ecn = 0
>
>Regards,
>Jérôme