Selon Mark Huggins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Thanks Gilles,
>
> That did the trick my Speedtouch is now working fine and I have a good
> working connection.
>
> I do have one other question, I'm not an experienced UNIX/Linux user but
> it strikes me that calling pppd from root exposes potential security
> issues?. Can you recommend a good firewall and virus protection
> package?. Thanks.

I don't know too much about iptables but the basics.
There is surely good iptables tutorial on the net to protect your PC. Some use
a friendly interface to configure the filtering.

Personnaly I am using IPCop firewall distribution to share and protect the
connexion. This is simple but need a dedicated minimal PC to run.
There is proposed add-ons to add virus and mail filtering but I have not try.

Gilles