On Sun, 30 May 2004 02:13:25 +0100 (WEST), Sergio Marques wrote
> Nop,
>
> i've tried to follow your howto but it haven't worked. Sorry. Thanks
> anyway.
>
> It seems like the modem it's syncronized (when i do modem_run ...
> the modem blinks trying to sinc). But when i do with the flag -b
> (suport for pppoe) ./speedtouch-doctor.sh the return is: You are
> using linux kernel version 2.4.26 Support for USB is OK Preliminary
> USB device filesystem is OK OHCI support is OK /dev/ppp is OK HDLC
> support is OK HDLC support is OK (no bug) pppd version 2.4.2 You are
> using pppd version  (untested) No existing PPP connection... trying
> to make one (please wait) using channel 21 Failed to set PPP kernel
> option flags: Inappropriate ioctl for device Using interface ppp0
> Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/pts/1 Script /usr/local/sbin/pppoa3 -m 1 -b -
> c -v 2 -vpi 0 -vci 35 finished (pid 882), status = 0x0 Modem hangup
> Connection terminated. PPP: very bad ... usermode driver just crashed

Ok, so it looks like it is a problem with modem_run and the v4 modem. Are you
using the latest version of modem_run? I'm not sure if only the CVS version
will work with the silver modem. Try (besides all the other ugly hacks)
changing VERBOSE to 1 and DEBUG to 1 in speedtouch.sh, and see what shows in
the log when it loads modem_run, if it is able to load the firmware at all.
You can even try VERBOSE=2, if VERBOSE=1 does not give enough hints.

---
Jose Bernardo B R Silva             | Source Mage GNU/Linux Section Guru
[EMAIL PROTECTED]            | http://www.sourcemage.org
http://counter.li.org #245602
http://cosmos.oninetspeed.pt/jose.bernardo
[EMAIL PROTECTED]