----- Original Message -----
From: "William M. Quarles" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, June 06, 2004 5:37 AM
Subject: [speedtouch] Modem disconnect script

> Doesn't there need to be a disconnect script in order for pppd to nicely
> shutdown the ADSL connection?  I can tell you that if I unplug the
> modem, the kernel modules remain locked for several (possibly many)
> hours before I can remove them.  If I plug the modem back in, pppd can't
> establish a connection.  Has anybody thought of writing a pppd
> disconnect script?

You can find some ideas there
kernel mode :
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/ipcop/ipcop/src/rc.d/rc.alc
atelusbk?content-type=text%2Fplain&rev=1.6.2.4

use mode :
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/ipcop/ipcop/src/rc.d/rc.alc
atelusbk?content-type=text%2Fplain&rev=1.6.2.4

this is just the part before pppd is called

The basic idea is that if modem_run is not running and modem_run answer with
an error, the firmware is already loaded.
This occur in special bug case. So you need to reset usb to be able to start
modem_run again loading the firmware.
This is actullay mandatory.

I don't know if it could be possible where modem_run behave differently and
when firmware loading fail, it just set interfaces and verify the modem run
normally without need to reset usb?