Hello,

I have a problem to re-connect to my ISP after disconnection.
I'm using usb speedtouch purple version and the latest firmware and PPPoA.
So I would like to discuss to you which is better solution for reconnect it
after disconnection.
Actually I'm using a script ping default gw assigned by connection and
after ten "no answer" from ping it brakes the connection and restart it
(with debian: using ifdown ppp0 && ifup ppp0) I'm using the "persist" option
into /etc/ppp/peers/<connection_script>
But sometimes, in some situation, this is not sufficient: when the "ADSL
goes down" it can't be reconnet neither this script.

Perhaps the device must be re-inizialitating: for do this is necessary to
unload all modules related to speedtch (atm, maybe usb, speedtch..) but I'm
not sure that it's right.

Actually, the only solutions for sync again the dsl line, is to reboot the
server... .

Could someone please suggest me a solution for solving this problem ?

Many thanks to all.

Best Regards.
Fabrizio