Pavel Kosina schrieb:
> Georg Brandl napsal(a):
>>> * date in bootom could be formatted according to format in translation ...
>>>

>> It should already be. The format is html_last_updated_fmt, and should be
>> in the message catalog as well.
>>

> Yes, it works. With this respect I got two other ideas:
> * when I change conf.py then sphinx-build should automatically rebuild
> everything
> * it would be nice, to get real name of a month in locale, to include
> somewhere say :
>
> import locale
> locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL, "czech")

The problem here is that a) locale names differ between platforms, and
b) not all systems have all locales. For example, on my system I can set
the locale to just some en_US or de_DE variations.

Using the name "czech" is also questionable; /usr/share/locale/locale.alias
says here:

# Note: This file is obsolete and is kept around for the time being for
# backward compatibility.  Nobody should rely on the names defined here.
# Locales should always be specified by their full name.

How the situation looks on Windows I don't know.

Of course it would be possible to include the locale call in a try-except
and ignore any errors.

>>> * unicode in index - when a term in index starts with unicode (say czech
>>> řetězec), it is handled as Symbol not as usual word starting with letter
>>> Ř (capital of ř).
>>>

>> That is something I thought using the right babel option would take
>> care of automatically.
>>

> Not sure what you mean by "babel".

babel is the LaTeX package used for internationalizing text generated by
LaTeX itself, as well as some i18n goodies when writing TeX documents in
multiple languages.

As such, I'd have thought that babel handles these characters just fine.
If it doesn't, you best ask in a TeX list/group since I can't help you
there :)

>>> * this is probably just question: how to make sphinx to copy some
>>> subdirectories of my main directory to build?
>>>

>> What do you need it for? There are always the static directories that
>> are copied.
>>

> I do not know what you mean. I got tho possibilities:
>
> 1/ when I have directory say "down"  - then it is not automatically
> copied into .build
> 2/ when I put "down" into html_static_path = ['.static', "down"], then
> just files from within the directoty are copied.
>
> I would like to see, that the whole dir is copied as it is into .build.
> Yes, I can copy it by myself, but this would be more elegant.

If you put the "down" dir into ".static", it will be copied to the output
static dir. Would that be sufficient?

Georg