On Jun 30, 10:46 am, Stéfan van der Walt <ste...@sun.ac.za> wrote:
> 2009/6/30 Chris Withers <ch...@simplistix.co.uk>:
>
> >>http://pypi.python.org/pypi/SetupDocs/1.0.2
>
> > This doesn't look like it uses Sphinx...
>
> > What does it use?
>
> It uses Sphinx (at least, I see Sphinx mentioned many times in the sources).
>
> After installing SetupDocs, you should be able to do something like
>
> from setuptools.command.develop import develop
>
> class MyBuild(distbuild):
>     def run(self):
>         distbuild.run(self)
>         self.run_command('build_docs')
>
> setup(
>     'build': MyBuild,
> )

Last week I added a couple of setup keyword args for greater control
over where the rst files are and over where the generated docs get
put. For example:

setup(...
    docs_source='doc/source',
    docs_dest='doc'
    ...)

Assuming the package name is Foo, the generated docs will go in Foo/
doc/html and Foo/doc/pdf when installed.

I am not the original author, and I've only tested my changes with
eggs, but it should work for other distribution methods. The changes
are in svn trunk, and will be in the next ETS release scheduled for
July 15th.

Bryce