Roberto,

Roberto Alsina wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 October 2009 05:35:20 werner wrote:
>
>> Roberto,
>> I just tried with indextoc.rst which in my case contains the top
>> "toctree", but I am getting an error "indextoc.rst:62: (ERROR/3) Unknown
>> interpreted text role "ref"."
>>

> Yes, trying to process sphinx files directly usually will have errors because
> sphinx uses lots of custom roles and directives.
>

>> BTW, are there any plans to integrate this into Sphinx in some form and
>> have a "builder" command like we currently have for "html", or
>> "htmlhelp" etc?
>>

> It's there already, please look in the manual at the "Sphinx" section in page
> 37 :-)
>
> You can find the manual in rst2pdf, or here:
> http://lateral.netmanagers.com.ar/static/manual.pdf

Thanks for the quick answer.

If one would just read to the end of the manual - sorry about that.

It is great that this is already available, however I am still having
some problems - please bare with me I am still very very novice with Sphinx.

Error I get:
Sphinx error:
Builder name pdf not registered
copied _screenimages folder
copied _static folder
Running Sphinx v0.6.2

Extension error:
Could not import extension rst2pdf.pdfbuilder (exception: No module
named rst2pdf.pdfbuilder)

I am using a python script to run sphinx-build.

... settings things up  (builders = ['html', 'htmlhelp', 'pdf']

        for builder in builders:
            targetFolder = os.path.join(os.path.join(curFolder, lang),
versionBuild + '-build-' + builder)

            # TO REBUILD ALL
            command = 'sphinx-build -ac ' + confFolder +' -b '+ builder
+' '+ sourceFolder +' ' + targetFolder

            p = subprocess.Popen(command, stdin=subprocess.PIPE,
                                              stdout=subprocess.PIPE,
                                              startupinfo=startupinfo)

Looking in the Sphinx doc I find:

Sphinx.add_builder(/builder/)ΒΆ
<http://sphinx.pocoo.org/ext/appapi.html?highlight=builder#sphinx.application.Sphinx.add_builder>
    Register a new builder. /builder/ must be a class that inherits from
    Builder
    <http://sphinx.pocoo.org/ext/builderapi.html#sphinx.builders.Builder>.

But where do I do this?  In my conf.py of the project or ....?

I also added to my build script:
pkg_resources.require("rst2pdf") # get latest version
import rst2pdf

But that was not enough.

Thanks for any hints.
Werner