On Dec 8, 10:49 am, TJG <tjgol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In your _static directory create, eg, my.css which starts with
>
> @import "default.css";
>
> and which then adds or overrides as needed.
>
> Then in your conf.py add or update:
>
> html_style = 'winsys.css'

you mean "my.css" not "winsys.css"... but that worked, thanks!

FWIW Sphinx seems to have a bug in that if you do this, it does not
include the file designated in 'html_style' in its dependency list for
HTML builds... so if you change the .css file it doesn't recognize
that things have changed to force a rebuild.