I'm trying to integrate the documenting
functionality<http://bitbucket.org/jespern/django-piston/wiki/Documentation#generating-documentation>of
django-piston (an API framework for Django) with Sphinx. I've created
simple extensions in the past using *Sphinx.add_description_unit()* and I'm
trying to figure out if that will still suffice for my needs. I'd like
something in the vein of autodoc, such that I can do:

.. autoapi: SomeClass

I have a suspicion that the "parse_node" argument will be sufficient and I
have used it in the past, but the one thing I haven't quite figured out is
how to "populate the node with children parsed from the string". For
instance, here is the parser function for a simple extension I wrote to
index some API status codes:

def parse_code(env, sig, signode):
    code, name = sig.split(' ', 1)
    title = '%s (%s)' % (code, name)
    signode += sphinx.addnodes.desc_name(name.lower(), title)
    return name

The *sphinx.addnodes.desc_name()* I found somewhere by accident and can't
seem to locate any documentation for. I also have a feeling that it may
include doing something with *docutils.nodes *(or they're equivalent? I'm
not sure), but nothing really jumps out at me in the docutils docs for that.
If I want something like:

/api/foo
***Methods:** GET, POST*
***Format:** JSON*
*
*
*This is the doc string....*
*
*
GET - docstring of SomeClass.read()
POST - docstring of SomeClass.create()

Am I looking at something more complicated like an actual directive? Any
good starting points, other than just trying to read through and understand
all of autodoc?

Thanks!