I've just started using Sphinx to document my first real Python
project and am loving it so far.

I'm having a problem with autodoc though: I haven't managed to get
parameter types to show up in the parameter list of function/methods
in HTML builds. I haven't found anything either in Sphinx'
documentation nor the internet regarding this problem.

>From what I've read, with this:

class data_source_local(data_source):
    """
    Extends :class:`data_source` to use a local CSV file.
    """
    def __init__(self, csv_path):
        """
        Uses local CSV file.

        :param csv_path: Path to CSV file
        :type csv_path: string
        """

I should be getting this:

class customreports.data_source_local(csv_path)¶

    Extends data_source to use a local CSV file.

    Uses local CSV file.
    Parameters:
        * csv_path – (string) Path to CSV file

But what I get in the parameter list is this (note the missing string
type):

        * csv_path – Path to CSV file

Have I overlooked a configuration option?
http://sphinx.pocoo.org/markup/desc.html#info-field-lists
doesn't mention any, and this is the only page I found that refers to
the issue.

I just tried a manual attempt, and even copying the example
'format_exception' function from the previous link results in a
typeless parameter list.