On Monday 23 August 2010 10:56:12 Infinity77 wrote:
> A while ago I have tried with Latex, but on Windows it is a nightmare
> to install and use, not to mention that Latex gets stuck processing
> the AGW docs and spits impossible errors. I am currently trying with
> rst2pdf: it's been running for some time now (about an hours or so),
> with Python sucking 320 MB of RAM and growing. Apart from a bunch of
> messages like this:
>
> [ERROR] findfonts.py:249 Unknown font: DejaVu Sans-Oblique
> [ERROR] styles.py:81 Unknown font: "DejaVu Sans-Oblique",replacing
> with Helvetica
>
> (which are, by the way, incorrect as I have these fonts installed and
> very visible),

rst2pdf can't just use the system fonts, it has to find the font **files** and
that's tricky, specially on operating systems I don't use.

The easiest way to make this work is to see where the fonts are installed and
pass it in the pdf_font_path option.

> I am not getting any other output.

You could set it to be more verbose, using the pdf_verbosity option.