On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 9:35 AM, Curiouslearn <curiousle...@gmail.com> wrote:
> @TP  Thanks! If you don't mind, can you send me an example of your
> subtitle css. Also, did you save it in _static.

in my conf.py file I have:
html_theme = 'customtheme'

html_theme_path = ['.']

in my customtheme\static\customtheme.css_t file i have (along with a
bunch of other stuff):

@import url("default.css");
div.container.subtitle {
  font-size: 160%;
  font-family: sans-serif;
  font-weight: normal;
  margin-bottom: 0.5em;
}

(This makes sure that *only* div's that have both "container" &
"subtitle" class names will be affected)

>Does one need both
> container and class directives to do this?

Given the following in a .rst file:

    .. container::
       :class: subtitle

"container" is the standard docutils directive documented at
http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/ref/rst/directives.html#container.
":class:"  is an option for that directive. It generates something
like the following HTML:

    That Spans Two Lines By Using a &lt;br /&gt;

After rereading the above mentioned documentation on "container", I
see that I should probably have done the following:

    .. container:: subtitle

Which generates the clearer: