On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 9:32 AM, Curiouslearn <curiousle...@gmail.com> wrote:
> @Federico: Thanks so much. This is great.
>
> @Daslch: Thanks. Do I just save my css file in the _static directory
> and then invoke the styles I define there using raw html directive.
>
> Thanks again.

Here's what I do. In my conf.py file I set:

    html_theme = 'customtheme'

    html_theme_path = ['.']

    rst_prolog="""
    .. role:: myrole
       :class: mycustomrole
    """

My customtheme\theme.conf contains:

    [theme]
    inherit = default
    stylesheet = customtheme.css
    pygments_style = sphinx

and customtheme\static\customtheme.css_t contains:

    @import url("default.css");
    .mycustomrole {
      font-family: monospace;
      font-size: 125%;
    }

if for example I want all "myrole" text to be monospace and bigger.

In my .rst files I can then do:

   Some text that uses :myrole:`my custom role`.

and when Sphinx generates the HTML it will look like:

   <link rel="stylesheet" href="../_static/customtheme.css" type="text/css" />

So, as you can see there is rarely any need to use the :raw-html: role.