I'm having some very weird problems with multiple automodule
directives in one document.

I have four modules I wanted documented on one page so I have a
document that looks like:

Models
====

.. automodule:: foo
   :members:

.. automodule:: bar
   :members:

.. automodule:: baz
   :members:

.. automodule:: qux
   :members:

which is fine.

If I change the order of those automodule statements then I can get
silent failures where some modules just disappear with no errors.

For example: the order qux,foo,bar,baz will show only the qux entries
(and the first baz entry which is just a constant, none of the classes
appear). Nothing from bar or baz makes it into the html.
A clue here is that with the -n and -W flags sphinx-build throws a

/path/to/qux:docstring of qux:1: WARNING: py:class reference target
not found: baz.ClassName

the order baz, qux, foo, bar results in only the docs for qux and baz
modules. No errors, even with the -n and -W flags. documentation for
the foo and bar modules just silently don't get generated.

Nothing after the qux automodule entry will ever be generated as far
as I can tell.

Other orders show seemingly random amounts, it might be all the
documentation or it might just silently omit a few modules.

There must be something about resolution order or not being able to
use multiple automodule directives in one document or something that I
am unaware of.

If not then I'll have to put together a minimal test case to reproduce
this. I can't really have my documentation randomly silently
outputting truncated files that look correct except are missing entire
modules.

If it makes a difference this is a django project so my conf.py file
has this entry in it:
sys.path.append(path.normpath(path.join(path.dirname(__file__),
'..')))
import settings as
wantering_settings
from django.core.management import