Just wanted to let the list know about a pull request I put up on
bitbucket.  It adds a few lines to the latex.py writer and the
sphinx.sty file in order to skip calls that otherwise break things
when memoir is used.  Those changes should be invisible to existing
projects using the base classes included with LaTeX.

The only change which I expect might require some discussion is the
addition of a new 'extraclassoptions' member to latex_elements which
would allow for the passing of arbitrary extra arguments to the LaTeX
class.  This is necessary in the case of the memoir class in order to
set the "oldfontcommands" option; otherwise, memoir throws errors when
it encounters \rm, \sf, etc.  This new 'extraclassoptions' would also,
for example, allow sending the 'draft' option any class.

// Jeff