Hi,

I am in the process of setting up an automated doc build system for
mne-python <https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python>. It works fine when
running the build when logged into the X11 session, but when I run it in
headless mode (cronjob), sphinx is hanging at the end of building an
example with the following output (truncated):

Reading 103891 ... 109897  =    172.974 ...   182.974 secs...  [done]
Writing ...  [done]
Reading 109898 ... 115892  =    182.976 ...   192.956 secs...  [done]
Writing ...  [done]

(process:50748): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: gtype.c:2458: initialization
assertion failed, use IA__g_type_init() prior to this function

(process:50748): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion
`initialization_value != 0' failed

This happens at the end of every example. Strangely, the example it was
building successfully got built. The matplotlib generated images are there,
so it doesn't seem to be a matplotlib backend issue (I tested it to work in
headless mode) but sphinx somehow crashes at the end of building an
example. When re-running  sphinx again, the same thing happens with the
next example.

Has anyone seen this problem before? We are using pylab (matplotlib) and
mlab in the examples. This problem happens with EPD-7.2.2 and on Gentoo
Linux using sphinx 1.1.2 and 1.1.3.

Best,

Martin