At 11:48am -0400 Wed, 11 Jul 2012, Mario  wrote:
Unfortunately my first problem point is, that in the documentation
of the project there is no real documentation on how to contribute.

I feel your pain. I asked a similar question on this list a couple of weeks ago to the tune of crickets. After some Googling, my hunch is that the quiet on this front is because the main developers of the project are on the university schedule. In particular, the maintainer of the main repository behind Sphinx, Georg, is a Physics academic, and his about page on pocoo suggests that he might be in crunch time for his dissertation[1].

Without directions suggesting otherwise, here's my best guess at how best to contribute: submit a pull request[2] on bitbucket.org. The main repository behind Sphinx::

https://bitbucket.org/birkenfeld/sphinx

Cheers,

Kevin

[1] http://pythonic.pocoo.org/about