i use debian squeeze and have download these source python (sphinx,
docutils, jinja2, pygments) and others (latex to produce pdf docs
created by sphinx) using python setup.py install, and after that these
sphinx works. (for machine that not have internet access i have
downloaded 8 dvds (for i386) of debian distrib squeeze and use mount
with option -o loop.

.ps what is distrib that you are running?

2012/9/28, Tawez <tawe...@gmail.com>:
> On Tuesday, September 25, 2012 3:25:17 PM UTC+2, Alexander Gray II wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> We have machines that do not have internet access and we would like to
>> install Sphinx on them.
>> I downloaded the egg and used the easy-install utility to install it.  It
>>
>> fails when it tries to download the dependencies from the internet.
>>

> Is there an easy way to install this on a machine that does not have
>> internet access?
>> Or is there a list of all the dependencies that Sphinx has?
>> Thanks!
>>

> Hi,
>
> Take a look at easy_install documentation.
> http://packages.python.org/distribute/easy_install.html#installing-on-un-networked-machines
>
> Download all the dependencies on networked machine:
>
> easy_install -zmaxd /where/store/eggs Sphinx
>

> Then copy all the eggs to un-networked machine and run:
>
> easy_install -H None -f /where/are/eggs Sphinx
>

> HINT: Copy eggs to folder on un-networked machine, go to this folder and
> run:
>
> easy_install -H None -f . Sphinx
>

> If You need list of dependencies, at the moment of writing it is:
> - sphinx
> - docutils
> - jinja2
> - pygments