(Excuse the newby question -- I am new to rst and sphinx and the person who
set things up here has left, so I am trying to work things out.)

I need to add a subtitle to an existing doc.

Sphinx docs on the internet tell me that to add a title/subtitle, I simply
need to add this to my "file":

and so on

However, I don't know where to add this.  If I look at my conf.py file,
which currently has a project name that controls the doc title, it looks
like this (title is not formatted as suggested above). Title is defined by
what is in *project = *:

from shared.conf import restrictions
from shared.conf import *
part = "09-1076A-D"

# General information about the project.
project = u'Getting Started'

# The version info for the project you're documenting, acts as replacement
# |version| and |release|, also used in various other places throughout the
# built documents.
# The short X.Y version.
version = '2.6'
# The full version, including alpha/beta/rc tags.
release = version

latex_preamble += r"""
""" % dwave_part

#add restrictions
#latex_preamble += restrictions

latex_documents = [
    ('index', '%s_GettingStarted.tex' % (part), project,
     name, 'manual'),

pngmath_latex_preamble = latex_preamble

Thank you!!

"sphinx-users" group.