Hello sphinx-users,

Thanks for your support to make documentation easy.
Could you tell me how I can use substitution in code-block with code
highlight?

*# background*
I'm making a web page which includes sample build script:
http://spotbugs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/migration.html

This page includes version of the latest release of our product,
and I need to update .rst file manually to realize keeping the latest
version in this page.
Let me ask how I can eliminate manual tasks like this.

I've found that I can use substitution and sphinx.ext.extlinks help me.
It works if version exists in text or hyperlink. But in case of code-block,
I cannot use substitution.

*# incomplete solution*
I found the solution using parsed-literal block, but it doesn't support
code highlight
so look & feel are really bad.
- https://stackoverflow.com/a/12644533/814928

*# known workaround*
Maybe it is possible to:
1. write code snippet into template file with |release| and/or |version|,
2. generate replaced text from these template,
3. write replaced text into temporal file, and
4. use literalinclude directive (which supports code highlight) to include
replaced text

I wish we have better solution which can simplify document generation.

Thanks in advance,
Kengo TODA