On 2017-10-17 01:44, Komiya Takeshi wrote:
> Thank you for filing an issue. And sorry for late response.
> Unfortunately, the sphinx-core team (including me) don't have enough
> time to resolve all of issues and proposals.
> Now we're working on watching issues day by day, so please wait a moment.

That's fine; I understand you're busy, and I don't expect to see it
completed this week ;-).

> BTW, it seems your request needs to modify sphinx-core widely, I
> think. IMO, this is important feature for Sphinx. So it will be
> improved in future (I can't say "nearly" future now...).
> Of course, all proposals and pull requests are always welcome.

As you may have noticed, I'm not terribly afraid of "getting my hands
dirty". It sounds like you feel that the points where I've been fiddling
with the code are indeed the right spots to poke. Would you have an
opinion on the right way to present this feature to the user? Also, what
would you consider a minimal feature set to justify merging an initial
version?

I'm willing to work on the implementation myself, if I can just get a
little guidance how you'd like to see this implemented.

Thanks,

--
Matthew