On 2017-10-31 10:49, Komiya Takeshi wrote:
> And sorry for dropping [SmartyPantsHTMLTranslator] in 1.6. I consider
> nobody depends on the classes and functions because they are
> internal.
They're only internal until someone needs to tweak the output by
subclassing the translator. Which I tend to do in most of my Sphinx
projects, in order to Burn With Fire docutils obnoxious table column
width garbage (colgroup).

I suppose I should file a feature request to be able to turn that off in
Sphinx. AFAICT it isn't possible (or, at least, is very hard) right now.

(I'm talking about the way docutils hard-codes column width percentages
based on the text width in the .rst source. I have yet to see a use for
these, especially my tables tend to have disproportionate quantities of
markup in the first column that results in docutils' "guess" being
atrocious. I prefer to use CSS for this purpose, but unfortunately
colgroup takes precedence.)

--
Matthew