Le 27/07/23 à 01h26, Wols Lists a écrit :

> On 24/07/2023 22:19, Denis Bitouzé wrote:
>> [Y]ou are shooting yourself in your foot because you use make. make is
utterly
>> ineffective in CI pipelines because at the beginning of each pipeline
the repo
>> is cloned afresh, meaning the file modification dates of the source
files are
>> usually newer than the cached output files even if nothing did change.
>
> How does it clone the repo? If you can clone using "cp -a", that MIGHT
work, as
> it's supposed to copy everything.

I've no idea how GitLab recovers the repo: the corresponding line is (I
guess) “Getting source from Git repository”. See e.g.:

  ┌────
  │
https://gitlab.com/gutenberg1/minimal-sphinx-minimal/-/jobs/4747563014#L14
  └────

> The other approach to try is "cp -lR", because it copies the directory
> structure, but links to and does not change any files. That also might
> work, and actually will be a lot faster than cp -a.
>
> That's assuming you can control how the repo is copied, of course. I
suspect
> they often do a "git clone" which will lose all the target files on the
spot ...

I'm afraid that's the case.

Many thanks for your answer!

I hope I could find a way to fix this issue!

Cheers,
--
Denis