Am Mittwoch, 9. Mai 2012, 10:56:17 schrieb Mark Brown:
> On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 03:34:50AM +0530, Thomas Abraham wrote:
> > +   s3c64xx_spi0_set_platdata("s3c6410-spi", NULL, 0, 1);
>
> Shouldn't we just set the name in the struct platform_device rather than
> requiring the machine to pass it through by hand?

Similar to the adc and rtc driver, all Samsung platforms reuse a common
platform-device definition for the s3c64xx-spi and simply will set the correct
name when the machine type is determined during boot.

I.e. I will also have to change my out-of-tree machine stuff to set the
s3c2443-spi name using this method.

The alternative is creating a mulitude of platform devices for each possible
machine type using this driver.

Heiko