Hi Martin,

On 2016-10-04 14:33, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
* Filipus Klutiero <chea...@gmail.com> [2016-10-01 12:49]:
of SPI. Except for the first 2, there is no description of what
content each has or should receive. The descriptions of spi-private,
spi-projects and spi-board only describe their membership.
spi-projects is a list to which all the project liaisons of SPI
associated projects are subscribed.  It's used by the board to contact
all project liaisons at the same time, e.g. to ask which projects
participate in Google Summer of Code and want SPI to handle their
payments or to get input from SPI projects on the SPI annual report.

Thank you

spi-board is a list of the board of directors to communicate.  It's
also used as a contact address for the board.

OK, but in terms of content, what discussions would be more appropriate to
direct to spi-board than to, I guess, spi-general?

Since the general public cannot subscribe to these lists, I don't
think it makes sense to list them at
http://www.spi-inc.org/contact/mailinglists/
It's just confusing.

I think I'll add the links to the onboarding info for directors and
liaisons instead (<http://spi-inc.org/corporate/onboarding/>).

As you want, I have no strong opinion on that.

spi-private is the only one I am member of. Board elections is one
topic sometimes treated on that list, but a private list should not
be designated as the proper forum for electoral discussions.
Personally, I feel that spi-private has been overused and most of the
conversation should have been on spi-general.  spi-private should only
be used for things that should not be public / publicly archived.

I agree with you. From the approximately 100 mails sent to spi-private which I
have read, I do not remember a single one which could not have been sent to
spi-general (instead).

Do you have a suggestion on how to improve the page to make this
clearer?

Can we find examples of topics which would be more appropriate to discuss on
spi-private than on spi-general (or other currently existing lists)? Since we
are not directly producing software, I do not see the interest of privacy for
security, except insofar as we make use of potentially vulnerable software
products.

--
Filipus Klutiero
http://www.philippecloutier.com