On 07/29/2014 11:09 AM, David Mansfield wrote:

On 07/28/2014 09:10 AM, Hans de Goede wrote:
Hi,

$subject says it all, I've looked into doing this myself,
but there are quite a few patches, which likely can be all dropped,
but I believe it is better for the update to be done by someone who
knows the code better, and thus is a better judge of which patches
can be dropped.

I've managed to be lucky enough to uncover lots of xorg qxl issues in the past, so I'll build a "plain jane" 0.1.2 version here and test it.

# fix a blocker in F20 the quick way.
no-surfaces-kms.patch

This one seems to be necessary. Within about 1 minute xorg starts acting funky - long stalls and rendering issues (see attached PNG of the "System" menu in MATE).

With 0.1.2 "vanilla" + no-surfaces-kms.patch, that particular problem seems gone (long enough to type this at least).

--
Thanks,
David Mansfield