On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 12:20:23PM +0200, Rob Verduijn wrote:

> > On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 08:04:04PM +0200, Rob Verduijn wrote:
> > >
> > > <gl enable='yes'/> gets an error if I add that to the config.
> > > It says this option is included since 1.3.3 and centos has qemu-kvm 1.5.3
> > > Did I forget something to enable this ?
> >
> > gl enable is not going to give you remote for now. The "Since 1.3.3" in
> > libvirt documentation refers to libvirt version, not QEMU. You need very
> > new libvirt/spice/qemu/mesa/... for things to work. I would not expect
> > these to be in centos.
> >
> > Christophe
> >

> thanks for the update,
>
> I checked the rhel7.3 beta and currently it has libvirt 2.0.0 so that one
> will be in centos 7.3 as well.
> So I have to wait for centos 7.3 which will be available shortly after
> rhel7.3 is released (1 or 2 months ??)
> What are the other version requirements ? (is there an url somewhere ?)
> Is mesa also required on the kvm host or just the guests ?

http://blog.wikichoon.com/2016/05/spice-openglvirgl-acceleration-on.html
has some data on the versions required. Gerd Hoffmann's slides from his
presentation at KVM Forum this year also had some version numbers if I'm
not mistaken. 7.3 is not going to have this support available/enabled.
And once again, this is local-only (emphasizing this as I got the
impression from the initial email that you were trying to improve remote
performance).

Christophe