> Hi

The bug report explains in more detail the use case.
Is describing an administrator user with different client opened sometimes
having to copy&paste some password with tools like keepass.
These tools usually clear the clipboard after some time.
Yes, in this case the user would be better not to be connected to VMs
and surely having clipboard support disabled is safer but for security
clipboard should be disable by default, not with an option.
Considering that this is considered low impact a workaround like the
focus limitation is enough.
One more good thing also about the focus limitation is that if you
keep multiple VM connected but you don't interact with them you
don't send clipboard messages potentially reducing th network usage.

> > I'd lean towards doing "clipboard sharing for focused client" +
> > "command-line/runtime option, with clipboard sharing enabled by
> > default".
>
> I'd rather stick with a simple command-line & runtime option.

Not so simple considering that you have to patch different tools
(boxes, virt-manager, virt-viewer) while just changing spice-gtk
would be a single patch.

Frediano