Hello everyone,

I spend almost 3 hours last night removing and replacing the interrior of my
78 Spit to flush the clutch slave cylinder.  I have replaced the clutch 
assembly last year and after the 1st drive this year I found it very difficult 
changing and putting the car into gear.

I checked the level in the clutch master cylinder and it was full.  However,
the DOT 5 fluid has been in there for 3 years and it was clear not purple.
So, I decided to flush the clutch.  Once that was done I took it for a test
drive and the car changed gear much better.  

I also noticed that the clutch would slip a little bit on fourth gear.  Is
there a break in period for a new clutch.  While installing the clutch I did
noticed that there was some ripples (high spots) on the friction material 
where the rivets are located.  I hope the problem are just these ripples 
and they will flatten or wear down with more driving.

If anyone have any opinions on the life span of DOT 5 fluid or clutch break
in period I would be interested in them.  Thanks.

Dave                                                  |\ |     | |      
_______________________________________/\  /\  /\_____| \|_____| |____________
Dave Chu                                 \/  \/       | /|     | |  
Dept. of Elec. & Comp. Eng.                           |/ |     | |      
Concordia University              Voice:(514)848-3115   Fax:(514)848-2802 
1455 de Maisonneuve W. H961       Email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3G 1M8  http://www.ece.concordia.ca/~dave/addr.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

///  [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list
///  Send admin requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
///  or try  http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool
///  Archives at http://www.team.net/archive
///  Send list postings to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
///  Edit your replies!  If they include this trailer, they will NOT be sent.

Reply via email to